Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Ocean Salt Review

Ocean Salt

Coconut Cream and Sea Salt Scrub

$21.95 for 120g

Complete video review here

Back in 2005, our inventors had come up with a number of fantastic cleansers but there was one category they had yet to conquer: The scrub! A sea salt scrub! With that, they whipped up (our now enormously popular) Ocean Salt. Washing with Ocean Salt is like taking your face on a trip to the seaside for an invigorating splash in the water. We mix in fresh avocado and coconut to hydrate thirsty skin, while the antibacterial effects of lime and vodka is ideal for blocked pores, blackheads or blemishes. The minerals in sea salt soften as it scrubs away dirt and blockages.

FEATURES

  • Suitable for all skin types: Ocean Salt is most beneficial for combination to oily skin.
  • Our most exfoliating cleanser: Ocean Salt contains a combination of coarse and fine sea salt.
  • For an invigorating scrub: Salt and citrus oils can cause irritation for sensitive skin types. If you’re quite sensitive, we suggest using a gentler product.


Main Ingredients

Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka
Sea Salt


How to Use

I would only use this in the shower (I've tried outside the shower and I found it hard to get a good lather on my face, and I enjoy using this on my arms as well) before I wash my face. Since this is a scrub designed to remove all dead skin cells, it's great for opening your pores.

I'd only use this once a day, and if your skin is a bit on the sensitive side, maybe every few days.

After using, either use a face wash, or some kind of serum since your face has come clear of all the debris.

One final note, only a small amount is needed. This scrub can be very abrasive, so too much might irritate the skin, and you'll just end up wasting a great deal of it.

Best for...

A scrub in the shower
Any non-sensitive skin type
Hydrating the skin
Moisturizing/smoothing the skin

Overall...

By far my favourite facial scrub I've tried from LUSH. It smooths my skin beautiful and clears all of my pores. After using it, my skin feels softer, brighter, fresher, and clean. 

It didn't completely remove make up, or all my blemishes, but it did make clearing my skin with other face washes/serums a lot easier.

I did find this to be a bit messy outside the shower, which is why I recommend the shower for best results.

Overall, my skin is clearer and has become significantly smoother, and more moisturized since I started using this on a general basis. 

I would recommend this to everyone I know with normal to oily skin, and those with skin problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment