Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Snowcake Reivew

Snowcake

Holiday Limited Edition

$7.95 for 100g

Christmas just wouldn’t be Christmas without a festive cake. So this holiday we brought back our customer favorite, Snowcake! This almond icing and marzipan scented confection is just what you need during the season of sweet indulgences. Its rich, creamy lather and rose absolute infusion make it a gentle treat for dry winter skin. So what are you waiting for? Grab a slice of this holiday treat before it’s gone.

FEATURES

  • Piece of cake: We load Snowcake with benzoin, which gives this white soap its sweet, creamy, good enough to eat scent.
  • Flower power: We add rose absolute to leave you skin feeling as soft and smooth as a dewy petal.
  • Holiday hangover: If you love the tasty scent of Snowcake, try our marzipan-scented Smitten hand cream, available online in our Retro shop.



Main Ingredients

Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena)
Coconut Oil
Rapeseed Oil
Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax benzoin)
Cassie Absolute (Acacia farnesiana)



How to Use

Now, since I've never really gotten into LUSH and their products until recently, I was unaware of a little preparation that has to go into using the soap. I thought I could just leave the giant brick I got in my shower and it would be fine. I was wrong. The soap began to melt until I learned that you had to cut the soap and use a bit at a time. Luckily, I was able to save the soap before it melted away.

I will be doing a detailed post later about cutting and preparing LUSH soaps for your showers, but in the meantime, I'll just say slice your soap with a knife.

Once you've cut it up into decent sized shaped, use the soap as you would normally :)



A full tutorial on cutting LUSH soap here


Best for...

Daily use
In the shower
For dry skin

Overall...

I love this scent, however I know that not everyone will. I had some of my friends smell the soap, and they hated the overpowering sweetness of it. 

If you love the scent as much as I do, you'll love the results even more. This soap delivers when it comes to giving moisture. My skin felt so soft, and smelled so sweet after using this soap.  

Besides the problem with cutting the soap (oops :$), this product will last and last for me. The lathering from this product is just excellent. Thank god it's long lasting since, once again, one of my favourites is seasonal.

As long as you love strong, sweet smells, I would recommend this to anyone with dry skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment